Are you bored? Really?
In this day and age with all these social platforms available right at your fingertips, how can you still be bored?? It seems like everybody has a social network, either on Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and the list goes on and you don’t even have to socialise physically, you can socialise virtually online anytime, right?, now wait a minute!
Are you one of those guys who is tired of these social networking sites and just want to hang out and do something such as physically getting off the couch and get out?
Yes, social networking is fine but 80 percent of those friends on Facebook don’t even hang out or meet in real life, right?
or you just don’t have many real friends and don’t know where to go or what to do?
If Yes is the answer to the above questions then there is absolutely No Need to Worry!!!
Because there is always a solution to a problem and that’s why you are here, right?… to find the solution to the problem!!!
So let’s begin by asking yourselves some questions like what you like doing for fun?
What kinds of people do you want to make friends with in real life?
What are your social skills, are you an introvert or an extrovert?
What type of personality do you have, are you likeable?
So, where I am getting at is to first find out if you are sociable because in order to get out of boredom you have to socialise to help yourself get involved in activities in one way or the other, you are bored mostly when you are alone.
I recommend the following 12 steps so you can get involved in doing exciting things based on your interest:
1. Search for meetup groups that caters to your interest, in your area and join them to make new friends.
2. Search for Sports clubs near your area so you can join if you like playing sports.
3. Take some learning classes e.g Painting, Theatre, Dance, Piano or any other instrument.
4. Join the gym and burn some calories and get healthy!
5. Try learning new recipes if you are a food enthusiast to devour your wildest tastes!
6. Arrange hiking trips with some friends.
7. Join a book club/reading club.
8. Go out to some exotic or fancy restaurant with a couple of friends.
9. Go visit a museum and entice your senses.
10. Join a yoga class and learn some stress relieving exercises to improve your health.
11. Get yourself a bicycle and take a ride in the park or in the neighbourhood.
12. Visit a shopping mall and search for interesting products that are on sale.
Believe me or not, that will keep you pretty busy and your friend list will grow dramatically and you will be having so much fun that you will forget that you were ever bored!!!
So go ahead and immerse yourself in the ocean of things to do to keep you active mentally and physically and it will also help you be a productive person in society as well. Hope this helps and please leave some feedback if you found this article useful.